The weight of the ruckack cuts into my shoulder. Wet uniform sticking on my skin and soaked socks in muddy boots. Neck barely holding to my heavy head. Chin down, staring on the ground and the pair of boots ahead of me, until it came suddenly to a halt. I took a few more steps to stop than i wanted to as my knees found no strength to come to an immediate halt. Almost knocking into the guy in front of me, I bent and rest my hands on my knees. Gathering what breath i have, what strength i can mustered with the few minutes' rest i have.
Stood right up and looked around, and deadpannned face all around. Everyone is physically worn out and what keeps them going were what goes on in their mind, what they believe. In that moment, i lost sight of God... I forgot about my Father... I wanted rest, i wanted all to end...
Then suddenly a chirpy and energetic voice broke from behind, it's our local guide. "Teacher too slow. Walk until Sun come out. You rich, wanna buy land. You rich, walk so slowly see what land to buy." As our local guide teases us, i turned and saw the Sun taking a peek across the horizon. And there, i could almost hear God audibly "I here, son." The darkest moment in a night is that moment just before the first light... I turned and look at the Sun again and HE spoke, "I with you."
I stood up straight and with a tuck, i adjusted my rucksack. I turned and smile at my guide and he, almost surprised, smiled back. And i went on.
Correction.
HE carried me on...
Stood right up and looked around, and deadpannned face all around. Everyone is physically worn out and what keeps them going were what goes on in their mind, what they believe. In that moment, i lost sight of God... I forgot about my Father... I wanted rest, i wanted all to end...
Then suddenly a chirpy and energetic voice broke from behind, it's our local guide. "Teacher too slow. Walk until Sun come out. You rich, wanna buy land. You rich, walk so slowly see what land to buy." As our local guide teases us, i turned and saw the Sun taking a peek across the horizon. And there, i could almost hear God audibly "I here, son." The darkest moment in a night is that moment just before the first light... I turned and look at the Sun again and HE spoke, "I with you."
I stood up straight and with a tuck, i adjusted my rucksack. I turned and smile at my guide and he, almost surprised, smiled back. And i went on.
Correction.
HE carried me on...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home